If It’s Time to Switch CPAs
Sometimes changing your CPA might be a good idea. Once you are ready to move, we can help make the transition work. Many of our clients have come to us in just these kinds of circumstances. We are sensitive to the dynamics of the situation and we find that, in most cases, professionalism and courtesy from all the parties enables a successful change.
Replacing a CPA Firm
Here are some helpful hints on transitioning from one accounting firm to another:
- Allow enough time look at your calendar to see what and when financial items are due.
- In most circumstances, once the current firm has been notified, we can work directly with them.
- Provide the current firm with a list of data and documents you require. We can help with compiling this request.
- Your current accounting firm will be bound by their regulatory body to cooperate with handing over data and materials.
- If the current accounting firm refuses to cooperate or has gone out of business, we are able to help with establishing an opening position. Given the nature of small businesses, this is not an insurmountable problem.